Business Insurance for Contractors

We've teamed up with Hiscox to provide our clients with all the insurance cover they need

Request Callback

Trust is everything in business, which is why it’s important to ensure that you and your equipment, as well as your clients and theirs, are protected. SJD Accountancy is proud to work with Hiscox who have over 20 years’ experience insuring small businesses and independent contractors, their award-winning team understands the cover that you may need. Plus as an SJD Accountancy client, you can enjoy a 15% discount on any Hiscox Business Insurance taken out.

Choose from the products below to create a tailored insurance policy that will let you carry on with your work with ultimate peace of mind.

What insurance do limited companies need?

Professional indemnity insurance

You may feel confident in your work, but any business providing a professional service is vulnerable to claims of negligence. Professional indemnity insurance protects your business against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with your work.

Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance includes cover for:

  • Breach of contract – one of the most common insurance claims for IT Contractors, covered as standard by Hiscox. This could include failing to deliver specified software features or the late delivery of a project.
  • Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example infringement of copyright or trademark, cyber-squatting violations or any act of passing-off.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Employers’ liability insurance

If you have employees we’re sure you will do your best to limit the possibility of injury or illness to them resulting from their work, but if they do have an accident, your business could be sued for compensation under your employers’ liability insurance. As a result, businesses in the UK that employ staff are legally obliged to have employers’ liability insurance to provide cover against a claim from an employee.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Contractors public liability insurance

Public liability insurance covers the cost of settling or defending a claim from a member of the public where they have suffered bodily injury or property damage as a result of your business. This includes claims from clients, for instance, if you damaged a piece of equipment whilst working on a project at a client’s office.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Office insurance

Hiscox can provide protection for your home or office-based business against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. Optional add-ons to this cover include:

  • portable equipment cover – for equipment taken outside of the office space e.g. laptops and phones
  • equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Cyber and data risks insurance

Provides support and protection if you were to experience a data breach or be the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects your computer systems.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Personal accident insurance

Have you thought about what would happen to your business if you, or another key employee, suffer an injury from an accident and were unable to work? Hiscox personal accident insurance can help protect against the financial impact of this by providing your business with a lump sum or weekly amount.

Get a quote   ǀ  0800 2800 358

Partner form

If you’d like to enquire about Hiscox insurance simply fill in the form below and one of their team will be in touch.

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your details. Please read our Privacy Policy before you continue.