Contractor Mortgage Calculator Assessor

What mortgage size can you get as an independent professional? Find out here.

Request Callback

The questions on most new (or even experienced) contractors and freelancer’s minds when it comes to mortgages are:

  1. What size mortgage can I get as an independent professional?
  2. How much will the repayments be?
  3. Is it difficult to get a mortgage as an independent professional?
  4. Can I even get a mortgage? I don’t have years of accounts I can submit

Most contractors, freelancer and self-employed professionals will know somebody or know of somebody who has had a nightmare getting a mortgage.

With the huge number of permanent employees choosing to move to contracting and working through their own limited companies, lenders have had to alter their view of independent professionals.

It is now relatively easy to obtain a mortgage providing you use a competent specialist broker. Our preferred partner is CMME, the UK’s leading mortgage broker for independent professionals. CMME are eager to prove that you can easily secure the same ‘High Street’ mortgages as a permie – it’s simply a case of making use of the expertise and contacts that they have built up over many years.

CMME are directly regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. They are pleased to be able to offer full advice whereas many institutions will now only provide you with an ‘information only’ service.

CMME can advise you on and arrange a suitable mortgage from a range of lenders and have access to exclusive rates meaning you have more time to focus on contracting.

So back to the first question ‘what size mortgage can you get as an independent professional?’ simply enter your details into our mortgage assessor below. For further information, click here.

You may also find our other contractor mortgage guides and calculators helpful:

If you are looking to take that first step on the ladder, or to remortgage an existing property, then CMME will advise and find a solution to suit your individual needs. Whether you’re looking to find out the best rates available or require help calculating how much you could borrow, call 01489 555 080 or email CMME on

SJD are not authorised to offer regulated mortgage advice. SJD are introducers to CMME. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
CMME is a trading name of CMME Mortgages and Protection Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA reg. 414798). Registered in England No. 04886692. Registered Office: Albany House, 5 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QE. Please be aware that Commercial Mortgages, Overseas Mortgages and some Buy To Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes and to improve the quality of our services.

Request a Call Back

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your details. Please read our Privacy Policy before you continue.