Contractor Insurance

Request a Callback

Choosing the right contractor insurance provider is crucial, along with the level of business insurance they provide. With so many products to choose from, knowing which one is right for you is not always easy.

What contractor insurance do I need?

SJD Accountancy is proud to work with Hiscox and offer our clients a 15% discount when they purchase a business insurance product through Hiscox.

Prices start from just £25 a month (plus insurance premium tax), quotes are available by phone on 0800 2800 358 or online by visiting for terms and conditions.   

See below for their full range of products and whether they might be the right choice for you and your business:

Employers’ liability insurance

If you have more than one employee, it is a legal requirement to take out cover. Employers’ liability insurance protects against the cost of compensation as a result of employee injury or illness. You should have a minimum of £5 million in cover and you could incur a fine of up to £2,500 a day for every day you are uninsured.

You will also need to take out an insurance policy if you have short-term or casual workers.

Hiscox Business HR insurance

As a limited company director, juggling administration, paperwork and the daily running of your business can be a challenge. Employment advice packages provide access to contracts and policies to help effectively manage staff.

Personal accident insurance

If the injury is more serious and causes permanent disability or death, your business could receive a lump sum payment from your personal accident policy. You can also offer protection against the same happening to a member of staff. If you or a key employee is unable to work, Hiscox will pay a weekly amount to your business.

Personal accident insurance will ensure that your business is protected in the event that you suffer an accidental injury which leaves you unable to work.

Buildings insurance

If you own an office, you should consider buildings insurance to cover risks such as fire water damage. This insurance does not cover you against the actual contents of your office.

Office contents insurance

Contents insurance can cover against risks like the loss, damage or theft of your property. Equipment such as computers, office furniture and documents will be protected in your premises and includes employees working in a home office.

Talk to a Hiscox Specialist

We have teamed up with Hiscox to provide you the best contractor insurance services around.

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your details. Please read our Privacy Policy before you continue.

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance (also known as PI insurance) can help to protect you in the event that any claims are made against you by a client as a result of the work you have done for them.

Hiscox PI insurance provides cover for compensation in the event you need to pay to correct a mistake. The insurance also provides cover for legal costs due to negligence.

Cyber and data risks insurance

Computers are an integral aspect of the running of any company. This is why it is so important to protect your IT systems. Cyber and data insurance can protect and support against data breaches, malicious hackers or any information which could be lost or misused as a result of a cyber-attack.

Limited company public liability insurance

Public liabilities insurance covers risks such as a client or member of the public injuring themselves at your premises, or accidental damage to your property.

You should consider public liability insurance if you:

  • Deal with members of the public
  • Have clients visiting your business premises
  • Visit your clients’ premises

Business insurance from Hiscox

SJD is proud to be working with Hiscox and offer our clients a 15% discount when they purchase insurance. All products are available online at or over the phone on 0800 2800 358.

Most Popular Pages

If you need any further help or advice, try these popular links.